Re: Arrows indicating split/combined voices (aka snippet #650) overlappi

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Arrows indicating split/combined voices (aka snippet #650) overlapping TimSignature changes
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 09:33:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Aaron,

thank you for providing these enhancements to snippet 650!

I now had time to play around a bit and use it in "real world" scores. To my
eyes your choices w/r to dimensions etc. are just fine, possibly with the
single exception that I think I prefer to remove the 0.5 staff spaces extra
padding in X when there is a TimeSignature (which conveniently removes the
hard-coded conditional as well ;)).

While that extra padding looks fine on a single TimeSignature and in the
snippet example code it seems not quite perfect to my eyes on full pages and
especially when there are other TimeSignatures w/o arrows in akkolades above
and/or below on the same page. But that's certainly a minor point.

What I'd like to try is having the arrow start at the end of the lines in the
TimeSignature case but I have not been able to find out, where I would have to
add that extra offset in X.

Playing with different values in \with-dimensions to have proper extend as you
suggested does not lead to results that I liked. I'm fine with your chosen
\with-dimensions #'(0 . 0) #'(0 . 0)

To sum it up:
I'm once again amazed by lilypond's flexibility and the mastery in putting it
to great use some of us are able to provide.

Thanks alot,
Michael
--
Michael Gerdau email: address@hidden