Re: hel-arabic.ly

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: hel-arabic.ly
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 09:33:07 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> writes:

> I see that there is a severe language barrier, making it apparently
> difficult for you to communicate properly in English.  However, given
> that today automatic translation engines like 'Google Translate'
> provide excellent results in most cases – especially for Arabic, since
> this was the very first language supported by this service –, this is
> no longer an excuse.

I disagree with the premise that a computer translation can consider the
degree to which some content may be culturally acceptable in a global
environment communicating in the target language.

But there is no necessity for finding a culprit or assigning blame when
something doesn't work out.

Whether this involves code or human interaction.  Mathematical/computing
problems tend to be more of a fixed target, so there is more of a point
in trying to find a solution guaranteed to work.  Human relations are
both more flexible and more elusive.  There is no guarantee anything
will work or fail other than trying and doing one's best in recovering
gracefully from failure.

--
David Kastrup