Re: hel-arabic.ly

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: hel-arabic.ly
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 01:03:58 +0100

hassan.elfatihi@free.fr writes:

> I'm sorry !
> Do you lack intellectual honesty?

> I intended to propose an abc2lyarbic.py file which covers an abc file
> with Arabic notes into a lilypond file with Arabic notes, but I will
> not propose it, given your lack of intellectual honesty

What goal would be achieved by willful obstruction?  You are talking
about volunteer work on a style not useful to the person working on it.
Putting aside for a moment that those changes were actually suggested by
yourself, why should anybody bother with integrating your work and
having it distributed as part of LilyPond when they get called names for
maintaining your contribution?

LilyPond depends on volunteers, and a primary motivation for volunteers
is that the work is fun to do.  If the maintenance of some contribution
exposes volunteers repeatedly to insults, we are better off removing
that contribution than allowing it to contribute to a toxic work
environment driving more contributors away than it will draw in new
users.

Please try to do your part in keeping LilyPond pleasant to work with and
to work on.

Thank you

--
David Kastrup