Re: makelsr

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: makelsr
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 20:33:02 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Morley" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2018 12:13 PM
Subject: makelsr

Hi all,

I think we need some guidelines in the case a new lsr-snippet is used
for the docs.
See https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5251/

James askes not to run makelsr, because a plethora of changes will
clutter the patch-set.
OTOH, a patch can't stand alone and can't be applied for testings by
reviewers without makelsr. So I voted for doing makelsr.

The CG is not clear in this regard (or I didn't understand it)

So how to deal with it?

Cheers,
 Harm

A little late to the party, but I am almost certain that running makelsr to create an LSR patch and then (after testing with at least make, make doc) and pushing that patch, and then putting up the doc patch for review is a perfectly accestable way to go. I've rather got out of the habit, but I regularly used to run makelsr, eyeball it carefully (as in the CG) then push it without review. Extra files in the patch won't break the build, only missing ones.

--
Phil Holmes