Re: LSR snippet for docs

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: LSR snippet for docs
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 10:51:15 +0000

Hello Malte,

On 25/12/2018 12:09, Malte Meyn wrote:
Hi list,

for documentation of restNumberThreshold (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5251/) I made a snippet (http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1078) that I would like to add to the NR. IIUC, the snippet now needs to be reviewed and then I can add it to git and upload a patch (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/adding-and-editing-snippets). Is this correct?

Yes but I would add the snippet first to the NR as a patch (i.e. via ../snippets/new/..) and put it through review that way; then worry about the LSR 'website' later as the LSR is not independent the doc build process.

Note that the LSR 'website' only compiles on latest 2.18 - as far as I remember - so any new features included in 2.19 or to be in 2.20 may not work in the current LSR website - but will of course be able to be included in 2.19+ NR.

Also, don't include the makelsr.py run as part of the patch when you submit it because it will create a lot of 'noise'. I will make sure that the makelsr.py run is all checked when the patch is tested; and finally, I would add the makelsr.py run as a separate commit, if/when your patch is approved and OK to push, as it makes things easier to manage in the tree.

Regards

James