Re: fundamental problem with gub's regtest tarball

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: fundamental problem with gub's regtest tarball
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 09:21:01 +0100

Il giorno gio 20 dic 2018 alle 0:57, Karlin High <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On 12/19/2018 6:40 AM, Federico Bruni wrote:
> You are one of the few privileged to reach a point to see that error :-)

Werner, could you post a list of the steps it takes to get GUB running? Then documentation could be updated.

Hi Karlin

I started a patch to improve the notes about GUB on CG manual a month ago but then stopped because I never managed to run GUB successfully. Hopefully the latest fixes by Werner will work.. I'm now testing his branch on LilyDev 0.3, recently released. 'make bootstrap' worked fine as usual and I've just started 'make lilypond'.

I'll send the patch for review soon. Then Werner may integrate it, especially the part related to the problem of absolute paths in regtests files (if GUB can be patched to generate relative paths, that would be great; otherwise we must decide a common setting, username and GUB directory).