Re: GUB lilypond build fails

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GUB lilypond build fails
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 11:21:18 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> So it would be really _urgent_ to get GUB advanced to a recent
>> version of Python 2 in all supported platforms
>
> Yes.
>
>> (and I think we can delist the PPC platform support by now):
>
> What's exactly the reason for this?

Considerable resources in compilation and maintenance time without an
obvious user?

>> But at least PPC seems reasonably safe to retire, and possibly
>> FreeBSD if it helps.
>
> AFAIK, it doesn't help since the requirements are the same.

Whoever does the human GUB work (in this case moving Python to newer
versions) gets to decide this I guess.  Whoever does it is in my book
free to decide to drop it after looking at it as thoroughly or casually
as they consider fit.

--
David Kastrup