Re: GUB - Cannot Build Perl

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: GUB - Cannot Build Perl
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:30:19 +0100

Il giorno gio 6 dic 2018 alle 12:19, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Jahrme Risner <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

It is my understanding that there are large-scale issues/concerns with
 GUB in terms of maintainability and reproducibility, so I understand
 if my issues with GUB are not a priority.

It's more like we have nobody really working on it regularly.

 If there is anything I can do to assist in getting a different
(hopefully better) build-system working to produce releases please let
 me know.

For assistance to be of use, there would have to be a main worker.  I
don't think that it's likely we are going to easily find someone
creating and maintaining something doing a better job than GUB both with the actual work and with regard to someone being able to keep it going.

I'm afraid it's not likely we are going to find someone able to fix GUB.
Releases are currently blocked. We'd better consider all the options on the table.

Jahrme, do you have any proposal about a new build system to produce releases?