Re: GSoC Proposal - SVG Export

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: GSoC Proposal - SVG Export
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 01:02:23 +0000

On 12/2/18, 1:30 PM, "Étienne Beaulé" <address@hidden> wrote:

    That is more of a problem with Pixbuf (similar problem was fixed in
librsvg). However, a case could be made to specify black for glyphs instead of
currentColor, and I would be open to it (leaning against it though)

    However, changing its use in LilyPond is non-trivial (if we wanted to do
it), as the use of currentColor allows for colours to be changed in response to
LY syntax.

We used to have black be the color of the glyphs.  We made a very specific and
intentional move from black to currentColor.  And it was an improvement, IMO.
That is why I feel strongly about moving away from currentColor.

Thanks,

Carl