Re: Turkish makam using regular.ly

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Turkish makam using regular.ly
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 22:46:48 +0100

> On 31 Oct 2018, at 19:51, Adam Good <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I have issues in that the tonic of these makams is a microtone. In standard
> Turkish notation, "fb" which is "f" 4k sharp
> We need
> \key fb \bestenigar

Is this right? It is traditional to raise the third below the finalis, but not
in the octave above, and it looks as though is a. I found this [1], it has an
additional accidental at e.

Then the finalis should also be the key, as it is always within the scale.

1. http://www.eksd.org.tr/makamlar/bestenigar_makami.php

> However, we don't want the "fb" accidental printed in the key signature.
> Bestenigar needs a key signature that looks like saba which have a tonic of
> "a" in Turkish notation. We DO want "fb" accidental printed in the score. And
> we need it to be able to transpose... if we want
> \key bfc \bestenigar

Is is then possible to have both f and fb, and set the key signature as to want.