Re: libtool 2.2.6 on HP-UX, with DESTDIR, installs lt wrapper instead of

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool 2.2.6 on HP-UX, with DESTDIR, installs lt wrapper instead of real binary
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:33:05 +0100

Hello River,

* River Tarnell wrote on Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 05:02:14AM CET:
> I'm using libtool 2.2.6 on HP-UX 11.11 to build Expat (an XML parser).
> Expat is a fairly simple project: it has one library (libexpat) and an
> executable (xmlwf) that links to this library.  I've already updated the
> libtool that comes with Expat to 2.2.6 to fix this problem, but it
> didn't help.

Please post a link to a tarball that shows this problem.  Thanks.

Is this only a problem with DESTDIR?  We've had proposed patches to get
libtool with DESTDIR to work on HP-UX but they were problematic in some
respect (see the archives of the libtool-patches list); I don't recall
however if the issues were the same as what you are seeing.

Cheers,
Ralf