Re: Is libtool being maintained at all?

From: Roger Leigh
Subject: Re: Is libtool being maintained at all?
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:50:30 +0100

Dalibor Topic <address@hidden> writes:

> Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>
>> Libtool is certainly being maintained.  We have been unnofficially
>
> We have a few small patches for libtool in kaffe's current CVS. So I'd
> like libtool to profit from the work that has gone into fixing the
> small issues, just like kaffe profits from using libtool in the first
> place. ;)
>
>> relying on Robert Boehne to apply most of the patches.  We received
>> mail from Robert on the libtool list on June 25th so he is still alive
>> and well.  Perhaps he is just on vacation.  Even open source
>> developers take vacation.

WRT the patch that Nix posted a few of months ago to allow symbols to
be exported using GNU ld linker scripts: I have been using this
without problems since the patch was posted.  (I'm using
i686-pc-linux-gnu with GCC 3.3)

Without the patch, -export-symbols does not cause the symbols to be
exported (all symbols are always exported).  I would find this very
handy as part of libtool, since the current behaviour is not at all
useful.

Regards,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh

                GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848 available on public keyservers