libreplanet-discuss

Re: [libreplanet-discuss] We've launched a new member forum!

From: Andrew Engelbrecht
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] We've launched a new member forum!
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 10:31:19 -0400

On 10/15/2018 05:58 PM, Connor Doherty wrote:
> Huzzah! I was the one who pleaded for Discourse around a year ago on this
> list. Someone even suggested I make a comparison between Discourse and
> mailing lists, which I did (but never quite finished). Glad to see this
> happening!

Thanks! I'm excited about this forum too!

> Of course, that's only for associate members. Will there be a forum for the
> rest of the world too? That would certainly help get new people into the
> movement!

That's something we can think about, but the FSF doesn't have a lot of
staff, and we're usually busy. As a result, we don't have the resources
to moderate a forum that anyone can join by ourselves. If there are
several volunteers in the community who would like to moderate that
forum, that could help, but we would need that kind of moderation on a
continual basis.

Thanks, : )
Andrew