libcvs-spec-dev

[Libcvs-spec-dev] RE: New home for LibCVS Specification

From: Alexander Taler
Subject: [Libcvs-spec-dev] RE: New home for LibCVS Specification
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:03:46 -0500

>>>>> "Alastair" == Alastair Growcott <address@hidden> writes:

  Alastair> Umm. What is Savannah?

Savannah is a site for hosting software development projects,
sponsored by the Free Software Foundation, and home to many GNU
projects.

  Alastair> Is there a new CVS repository?

For the specification documentation, but not for the code.  That
can be moved as we see fit.

  Alastair> How do you mean the specification has been accepted?
  Alastair> Do you mean the design spec?

Just the API specification.  I've also moved the architecture
documentation, which was mostly a guideline anyway.

  Alastair> What impact/implications does being accepted as part
  Alastair> of the GNU project have?

It means having space on the www.gnu.org server for project
documentation, and benefitting from the high-profile of the GNU
project.  It doesn't restrict implementations of the
specification.  However, references to closed source
implementations are not allowed from the website.

  Alastair> How do we subscribe to the new mailing list?

There's a link at:

https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/libcvs-spec

Alex

--
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/libcvs-spec    Access CVS through a library.
PGP:  ID: 0x23DC453B  FPR: 42D0 66C2 9FF8 553A 373A  B819 4C34 93BA 23DC 453B