libcvs-spec-dev

[Libcvs-spec-dev] pserver password

From: Alastair Growcott
Subject: [Libcvs-spec-dev] pserver password
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 01:25:17 -0000

According to the documentation, the cvsclient class manages the cvsconnection class. Construction of a subclass cvsconnectionpserver class takes a password value, but none of the cvsclient APIs take a password. Where does the cvsclient class get the password it passes to the cvsconnectionpserver constructor?

The .cvspass file is one option, but if you don't have that or the file doesn't have an entry corresponding to the repository being queried, what do you do?

I think it would be much better to have the constructors for all cvsconnection subclasses have the same parameter list. Apart from the password, all information needed for all connection classes is in the repository object. I am writing the C implementation so that the cvsconnection class implements a "create" function which takes a repository object as a sole parameter and returns a cvs connection object of the correct type given the protocol specified in the repository object. It makes the code much neater, and much more intelligent. The cvsconnectionpserver class then has an additional function to allow you to set the password.

Alastair.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet.