info-xnee

[Info-xnee] Re: regarding function flow in xnee?

From: sridhar
Subject: [Info-xnee] Re: regarding function flow in xnee?
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 16:03:30 +0530

Hi friend,
from past 20days, iam working on this and you helped me in this,
but till now i cant say exactly about how it xnee is doing everything,
this is very new to me, it shows how much novice iam in xlib programming,
but what to do, its taking much time to get into my mind ,,,
the only simple thing is to have windowid for every request,reply and event..
i request you to look at it...and help me how to achieve it  plzplz...:(
i wont forget your help in my life plz..i dont have any words to say..may be it
does not look like a professional behavior , but i dont have any other option...
hope you reply for this :)

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Henrik Sandklef <address@hidden> wrote:
sridhar wrote:
> Hello friend,
> i was working on xnee to modify, some what iam able to understand as you
> have given some
> good links, and one more thing  what is XID, actually refers to, is it a
> window id(client id),

Well, XID is used in a function called:

 XID xnee_client_id (Display *dpy)

in that function you can see that the function returns an XID which is
'calculated' from the given Display like this

 return dpy->resource_base ;

so I XID refers to resource_base in the display.

> as in one of the following function in xnee
>
> *xnee_record_handle_event_printer(xnee_data * xd,
>                  int event_type,
>                  XRecordDatum *xrec_data,
>                  XRecordInterceptData *xrecintd)
> *
> i read that *XRecordInterceptData contains  *an XID member..is it similar to
> window id(client id),
> exactly iam unable to grasp every function, so i need help from you,
> as we are getting even_type in the above function, can i apply that to the
> below to get window id..*
> XAnyEvent *e = (XAnyEvent *) eventp;

I do not understand you. Can you rephrase the question?

> *do you have exact flow of working of xnee, so i can work on it very fastly,

no

Start from the main function in cnee. It will not take that long (30
mins or so) to get a picture on things are working.

Basically,

 create an xnee_data structure
 parse command line and do some settings
 call xnee_start