info-xnee

[Info-xnee] Re: regarding function flow in xnee?

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: [Info-xnee] Re: regarding function flow in xnee?
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 10:34:17 +0200

sridhar wrote:
> Hello friend,
> i was working on xnee to modify, some what iam able to understand as you
> have given some
> good links, and one more thing  what is XID, actually refers to, is it a
> window id(client id),

Well, XID is used in a function called:

  XID xnee_client_id (Display *dpy)

in that function you can see that the function returns an XID which is
'calculated' from the given Display like this

  return dpy->resource_base ;

so I XID refers to resource_base in the display.

> as in one of the following function in xnee
>
> *xnee_record_handle_event_printer(xnee_data * xd,
>                  int event_type,
>                  XRecordDatum *xrec_data,
>                  XRecordInterceptData *xrecintd)
> *
> i read that *XRecordInterceptData contains  *an XID member..is it similar to
> window id(client id),
> exactly iam unable to grasp every function, so i need help from you,
> as we are getting even_type in the above function, can i apply that to the
> below to get window id..*
> XAnyEvent *e = (XAnyEvent *) eventp;

I do not understand you. Can you rephrase the question?

> *do you have exact flow of working of xnee, so i can work on it very fastly,

no

Start from the main function in cnee. It will not take that long (30
mins or so) to get a picture on things are working.

Basically,

 create an xnee_data structure
 parse command line and do some settings
 call xnee_start