iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth / windows / cygwin or mingw build

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth / windows / cygwin or mingw build
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 09:34:32 +0100

Hi Peter,

I haven't tried compiling on cygwin or mingw, yet. I have a crappy old
windows machine with cygwin installed so I could give it a try. The
problem is always the same, lack of time. Can you send me your
changes to configure? I'm afraid that with cygwin it's non trivial
to link against the windows libraries since they're in a different
format. There is a workaround but I've never been able to make it
work. I believe the chances of compiling/linking successfully with mingw
are higher than with cygwin. Anyway, it'd be good to have a free
alternative to MSVC++.

Thanks,

Peter L Jones wrote:
Peter,

Do you happen to have an autotools setup that builds FluidSynth under the
cygwin or mingw32 environments (i.e. under Windows but GNU toolset)?

With CPPFLAGS="-mno-cygwin -mwin32 -mwindows" (and telling
configure --without-readline), everything compiles cleanly - except
iiwu_winmidi and iiwu_dll don't get built.  And something weird happens
around the link but I'll worry about that later.

I can supply configure and make logs, should you wish them.  In the
meantime, I'll see if I can grok the winbuild/* files and autotools enough
to do it myself...

Thanks,

-- Peter