iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Swami-devel] iiwusynth segfault

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Swami-devel] iiwusynth segfault
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 00:09:46 +0100

Hi Mark,

I've only scanned very quickly through today's messages (it's been a
long day) so I didn't analyze the problem in detail.
Just one quick hint: the Jack server
requires Jack'ed applications to run with root privileges since Jack
uses real-time scheduling. So currently you have to start iiwusynth
as root. Also the -z and -c options (as in iiwusynth -a jack -z
1024 -c 2) are ignored when using the Jack driver since the period size
and period count are set when you start the jackd daemon.

BTW: I will be gone till next thursday so I won't be able to dig
into the problem till then.

Best,
Peter