iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwu Xtra : Mac

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwu Xtra : Mac
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:32:28 +0200

Antoine Schmitt wrote:

Hello all,

First problem :

The midi part of iiwu synth on Mac depends on MidiShare, which is a huge package to compile.I understand that midi is used as input to iiwusynth. Our project does not use midi input. Is it possible to isolate the midi input from the iiwusynth engine ? (theoretically and in practice ?)

Yes. For now, just comment out the #define MIDISHARE_SUPPORT and
following line in config_mac.h.

In the  futur the midi and audio drivers should be compiled as a
shared library and loaded dynamically. So far I've waited to do that
because it brings along its own set of problems.

a+
Peter

    Antoine