iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth CVS: Swami-related mod bug fixed, implemente

From: M. Nentwig
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth CVS: Swami-related mod bug fixed, implemented turnoff condition for voice
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:02:22 +0300

Hello,

I have fixed the bug that prevented Swami from controlling Iiwusynth's
modulators.

By the way: Great job, Josh! It does not only work, it also looks good!
And compiled without any complaints.

Now I have added a condition, that turns off the voice, when the volume
is below the noise floor. This is nothing new, but now I'm actually
running a peak detector on the loop part of the sample to get an
estimate of the amplitude. This reduces the release time by roughly 20
percent on a typical piano (in other words, it is still 80 % of the full
release up to -96 dB).
We should check, if it makes sense, or if the peak detection burns more
CPU time than it saves.
By the way: There is something odd with the synth, now it shows 100 %
CPU load all the time (before the modification). Any ideas?

Cheers

Markus

PS: I saw that there is a lot going on in the 'Windows' corner. Any
chance to get an executable for iiwusynth? I just reactivated my good
old Cakewalk 5.0; if I could connect that to Iiwusynth...