iiwusynth-devel

Re: [Fwd: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] update and todo list]

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] update and todo list]
Date: 03 Jun 2002 10:53:27 +0100

On Mon, 2002-06-03 at 09:09, Tim Goetze wrote:

> i'm linking against libiiwusynth and using more than one iiwusynth
> instance, with chorus and reverb applied within my own code, if at
> all. on this 450 MHz k6-III, the cpu usage of one instance with no
> voices playing is about 1.5 % cpu, with iiwu_synth_write_float called
> every 64 audio frames. imo it's not too much.

Will it still not be too much if there's 10 iiwusynth's running, with 4
ladspa plugins applied to the output of each?  This is the kind of thing
my projects seem to end up with in logic audio in windows.  Besides,
IMHO, even 1% of *unnecessary* CPU use is too much.

Bob

--
Bob Ham: address@hidden  http://pkl.net/~node/

My music: http://mp3.com/obelisk_uk