Re: [igraph] average local transitivity

From: Raigo Aljand
Subject: Re: [igraph] average local transitivity
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 10:56:25 +0300

I added to the attachment the graph that gives me these results. It is saved in edgelist format.

27.10.18 10:42 Gábor Csárdi kirjutas:
Please provide a reproducible example.

Gabor
On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 7:13 AM Raigo Aljand <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I have a simple question. I looked at the archives, but it doesn't seem
anyone has asked this nor does it seem to be written in the documentation.

Why do these two give me different results?

transitivity(graph, type = "average")
0.3772343
mean(transitivity(graph, type = "local"), na.rm = TRUE))
0.2014909

I understand the difference between global and local transitivity and
what I read from the internet type="average" should give me the average
local transitivity. Then why does the igraph average give me a different
result from when I calculate the average with R. What is also strange is
that type="average" is either no longer or has never been documented in
the official documentation.

If it helps, my graph is directed, but as I understand it, igraph
ignores the direction of the edges.

My version of igraph is Ubuntu 18.04 package r-cran-igraph with version
1.1.2 and R is from the package r-base with version 3.4.4

Thank you for your help.