hydra-users

Re: How to add a "manual" job

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: How to add a "manual" job
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 20:24:07 -0400

Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Turns out it's slightly more complex.

Great! :)

> emacs/release.nix starts with "import ../gnu-jobs.nix", which is what
> define the actual set of jobs.  So the 'manual' attribute you added is
> just ignored.
>
> Instead, I can think of two options:
>
>   1. Add a 'postDist' in the 'tarball' job that installs the manual (see
>      guile/release.nix for the details.)

Ideally, I'd like to keep the (pdf, html) manuals separate, so that a
build failure with one of them does not cause the tarball to fail, which
in turn causes every other job to fail. (Oh, maybe it being "post" dist
means the tarfile would still get made?)

>   2. Add an extra 'manual' job like this:
>
>        (import ../gnu-jobs.nix { ... }) // {
>          manual =
>            ...;
>        })

(I'm still finding the nix language hard to parse. :( )

Or I guess 3), rewrite it to not import gnu-jobs.nix, which some other
packages seem not to use. Since we don't use the xbuild_gnu or
useLatestGnulib from that, there is not an actual lot that would need to
be copied.