hydra-users

Choosing the build platforms

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Choosing the build platforms
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:13:00 +0100

Hi Simon,

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> skribis:

> One thing that I don't understand is where the build platforms is
> configured for each project.  For example, gmp is built for i686-freebsd
> and i386-sunos, is it possible to enable the same for libidn?  I
> couldn't find any obvious difference between the gmp and libidn
> hydra-recipe, but I'm probably looking in the wrong place.

Yes.  :-)

The platforms are chosen by Hydra: look under the “Setup” tab at
<http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/libidn-master>.  The ‘system’ input
there is what defines the platform libidn gets built on.  It’s a string
that is passed to the recipes (for instance, the ‘build’ function in
release.nix takes a ‘system’ argument.)

To change the set of platforms, you need an account on the Hydra web
interface (which Rob Vermaas or Eelco Dolstra can give you), or I can
change it myself if you want.

However, my understanding is that the i386-sunos and i686-freebsd
machines at TU Delft are currently dead.  Rob: can you confirm?

Thanks,
Ludo’.