help-zile

Re: [Help-zile] wordwrap - softwrap

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [Help-zile] wordwrap - softwrap
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:40:28 +0000

On 19 November 2012 19:48, James Freer <address@hidden> wrote:
I've just been having a look at zile for the first time. Emacs is a
bit much for my uses.

My first piece of advice is: really, seriously, don't avoid Emacs because it does everything. One of the best things about Emacs is that features you don't use don't get in your way. On the other hand, it has excellent features like darkroom-mode and visual-lines-mode which respectively make it work full-screen with no clutter and do visual wrapping as you require.

If you really must have something simple, Zile won't work (unless you write a patch to support visual wrapping, which I would consider).

I don't know of any other console editor which does soft wrapping, sorry.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org