help-zile

[Help-zile] wordwrap - softwrap

From: James Freer
Subject: [Help-zile] wordwrap - softwrap
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:48:22 +0000

I've just been having a look at zile for the first time. Emacs is a
bit much for my uses.

I'm looking for a text editor for word editing (rather than coding) -
i'm a writer and i've been trying to find an editor that is able to
save lines as 'longlines' but display wrapped, and also save as
longline. That is like emacs 'visual line mode' or vim 'linebreak'.

zile looked like it had the features i was after. Nothing wrong with
gedit but as i use a text email client i'd rather use one text editor
for all uses. For my sins i prefer a console editor rather than
grahical.

thanks
--james