help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Update

From: David A. Capello
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Update
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:08:45 -0300

lOn lun, jul 05, 2004 at 10:28:31 +0200, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> >It's strange, I did "./configure" and the ncurses wasn't compiled
> >(always I got the termcap), maybe there are an error in the detection
> >of the ncurses.
>
> Probably. I'll look into it.
>
> >The termcap version is really ugly (some rare numbers appears in the
> >minibuf, like "1073743903H", etc.), also, when I find a file or put an
> >yes/no anwser, the text that I write appears aligned to the right
> >(when the message appears aligned to the left), e.g.:
>
> I more meant feedback on the code technically. I'm aware that there's
> still a lot of work to do; in particular the termcap implementation is
> simply not complete yet.

I was seeing the code for terminal handle and it looks very good, also
I made a new terminal driver using the Allegro library without any
complication today (I'll be testing and making all the configuration
stuff before checkin to CVS). With this we will be able to run Zile in
X windows (without a xterm) or maybe port it to Microsoft Windows.

PS: I was thinking and maybe a DOS port (using conio.h) should be easy
to implement.

--
http://www.davidcapello.com.ar