help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Hack attack

From: David A. Capello
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Hack attack
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:45:48 -0300

On sáb, mar 13, 2004 at 09:46:36 +0100, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> I've finished overhauling the datatype libraries. They are now much leaner
> and meaner, and I'm pleased to say that the amount of code in the main app
> has also decreased (I think) thanks to the new htable_foreach function
> that makes iterating over the elements of a hash table much easier, and
> removes the need for all but one call to htable_list (which is still
> needed, as it's when the variable names are sorted).

About the hash code, I remembered that I removed the usage of hash
routines from variables.c, but I never commited that, so, do I should
commit it?  (with this we could remove the htable.[ch])

> The other thing I've become interested in (because of the recent port to
> EPOC, the OS of my PDA, of uEmacs, called eEmacs) is the idea of making
> zile work with just termcap. Removing the dependence on ncurses would be
> great for reducing the footprint for small systems, but would also rule
> out the use of colour. At least it seems worth making an option.

Well, I think that you should make another directory with other term
type (you don't need to remove the current ncurses code).  Anyway I
don't know nothing about termcap, so you should go alone.

--
http://www.davidcapello.com.ar