help-rcs

Re: Cross Compiling RCS

From: Derek McEachern
Subject: Re: Cross Compiling RCS
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 09:08:13 -0500

To be honest this was my first attempt at cross compiling so I'm not that familiar with it myself.

I didn't change the configure.ac out of ignorance on my part since I'm not that familiar with the syntax and format. What I did was modify the resulting configure script.

I've attached the configure script with my modifications but here is what I did.

The first test that had issues was the tinysym test. The autoconf appears to create a test that checks for the "$cross_compiling" variable and if it is detected it exits with an error indicating that it cannot run the test program while cross compiling.

I changed the test to "$cross_compilingx" like the example below. For every occurrence from tinysym through the rest of the configure script I made this change.

if test "$cross_compilingx" = yes; then :
  { { $as_echo "$as_me:${as_lineno-$LINENO}: error: in \`$ac_pwd':" >&5
$as_echo "$as_me: error: in \`$ac_pwd':" >&2;}
as_fn_error $? "cannot run test program while cross compiling
See \`config.log' for more details" "$LINENO" 5; }

If I haven't missed any there 8 tests that I modified

tinysym
fopen
write after create
unlink works on unwritable files
rename' handles unwritable source/target
`mmap' is sane
checking signal received if referencing nonexistent part of mmapped file
`wait' can handle ignored SIGCHLD

Derek