help-rcs

Re: Cross Compiling RCS

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Cross Compiling RCS
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 22:02:09 +0200

() Derek McEachern <address@hidden>
() Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:54:37 -0500

   I was trying to cross compile RCS and it appears that configure will
   error out with "cannot run test program while cross compiling"

   On a chance I modified the configure script to ignore the cross
   compile and it appears that it was able to make it ok.

   I have users checking out the functionality now but are there any
   known issues with cross compiling?

No known issues, but that's out of ignorance of cross-compilation
generally (on my part), not out of refinement towards proper support.
IOW, i need to study (info "(autoconf) Runtime") and carefully comb
through configure.ac adding ACTION-IF-CROSS-COMPILING clauses to the
tests, still.

Could you post the modifications you made?  That would help me focus.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
GPG key: 4C807502