help-rcs

Re: Trimming old diffs to save space

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: Trimming old diffs to save space
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:34:38 -0500 (EST)

well there is the outdating option `rcs -o`, but are you complaining about
that it doesn't work, as reported at Debian bugs:
http://bugs.debian.org/69193

i'm pretty sure you can still use the outdating feature, but then manually
(i assume can be done automatically via Perl) removing the outdated
revisions, which are placed at the bottom of the file.

of course be sure to backup your RCS files before trying any of this!!
/a

PINE 4.53 Mailer - www.washington.edu/pine