help-nano

Re: Help-nano Digest, Vol 182, Issue 1

From: prasad m
Subject: Re: Help-nano Digest, Vol 182, Issue 1
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 15:59:07 +0530

On Thu, 13 Jul 2023 12:00:21 -0400
help-nano-request@gnu.org wrote:

> Op 13-07-2023 om 06:35 schreef prasad m:
> > I use nano with multibuffer option on. When I use press ^R, it asks
> > for filename of the file to be inserted in new buffer.
>
> To be precise, it asks for the file to be _read_ into a new buffer.
>
> > How to insert some file in the CURRENT buffer ?
>
> Toggle multibuffer off with M-F.  (Typing ^G would have told you that.)
>
> (M-F toggles multibuffer off/on just for this invocation of ^R.  The
>

> Benno

Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't have to use nano in the meanwhile :(

nano 7.1 (which I use) shows a message "No formatter is defined for this type
of file" when I type M-F and it doesn't toggle multibuffer state of the editor.

Help doesn't mention anything about toggling the multibuffer state. It just
mentions:
M-F  Invoke a program to Format/arrange/manipulate the buffer

Am I doing something wrong? Has it to do with my .nanorc file?
Please guide.

Thanks.

--prasad m <prasad@vidnyanlekhan.in>