help-gv

Re: [help-gv] Command-line options for gv 3.6.x

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-gv] Command-line options for gv 3.6.x
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:46:40 -0500

    Legacy support for old 3.5.8 command line options is a
    planned item for 3.6.2.

Good to know.

    Any idea?

If you use getopt_long_only, GNU getopt will parse both -foo and --foo
as long options.  I think that might work out ok for gv.

If you want to do something fancier, I suggest looking into Bruce Korb's
GNU Autogen package (more precisely AutoOpts, a sub-package).  I do not
understand it all, but the basic idea is to specify in one place the
option list, args, and help strings.  Bruce is very interested in
helping applications use it :).  You can write him at address@hidden
http://www.gnu.org/software/autogen/