help-gv

Re: [help-gv] Command-line options for gv 3.6.x

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [help-gv] Command-line options for gv 3.6.x
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:39:58 +0100

        I would like to make a suggestion that the new version of gv should
accept
        the command-line options accepted by previous versions.

    FWIW, I completely agree.  In fact, I thought Jose had fixed this in
    3.6.1, but I see gv -watch doesn't work.  Jose ... ?

As documented on the gv manual and --help , gv 3.6.1 only manages GNU
like long command line options.

I agree in that a radical change on the command-line option set may be
traumatic. Legacy support for old 3.5.8 command line options is a
planned item for 3.6.2.

BTW, i would like to find a way to promote the use of the GNU format
for command line options. It derives many advantages (for example, the
actual manpage for gv is generated with help2man) along with better
coherence with the rest of the GNU OS.

Any idea?