help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] From IRC chat: ng0 asked me to post problems with the

From: Diagon
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] From IRC chat: ng0 asked me to post problems with the git docs.
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 11:14:06 -0700

 ---- On Mon, 08 Oct 2018 10:06:21 -0700 Christian Grothoff <address@hidden>
wrote ----

 > Yes, we do indeed expect breaking revisions in the medium future.

Christian - I'm taking you to mean that there will be breaking revisions in the
"near to medium future."  With that the case, I would really suggest that this
fact need to be front and center: on the main page of the web site, on the
download page, and in the description provided by "aptitude show gnunet" - at
least.  There needs to be a warning that this is experimental and pre-alpha
software, with expected non-backward-compatible revisions to protocol, because
people rarely return to something that's badly broken or otherwise frustrating.
 You can of course add that it will help with development and debugging of the
network if dedicated people are willing to put up with some inconvenience.
Then, those with fortitude would see that there is a way for their effort to
make a contribution.   I, for example, have only returned because I'm a
determined soul.  (And because I'm fighting off the despair of the now
inevitable striking down of even our states' stop-gap net neutrality bills here
in the US.)

/D