Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius

From: Kenny Dail
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:05:36 -0600

> Well, yesterday I wrote a mail in spanish but I didn't get any answer so
> now I put it in english.
This isn't a high traffic list, sometimes a reply takes a few days.

> I been working with a big group of people, and we have an extensive
> wireless network. The fact is that we've detected some introuders in
> this network and they are doing some damage in our servers.
> Well I've figured out that with Radius Server we can make a more secure
> wilan. I don't trust in the other security sistems.
> My question is: the AP should work with some special protocol to
> comunicate with de Radius Server? and if it is so, work the client radio
> with some protocol to authenticate with Radius Server or is this done by
> the AP?
> thanks a lot
Radius is the protocol to support. For best results, the authentication
should be handled at the AP level. Putting it at the client level
demands control over the clients to know that they all support what you
want. But this depends on the type of wireless network you are talking
about. If you have a fixed wireless bridged network, (like Trango,
Motorola Canopy) using PPoE at the client's router/pc and having your
PPoE server check against radius may be the way to go.

--
Kenny Dail <address@hidden>