Re: [Help-gnu-radius] new gnu-radius install

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] new gnu-radius install
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 23:26:01 +0200

Hi Kenny,

Apologies for not being able to reply earlier. My schedule has recently
become rather tight...

> What happens is that _sometimes_ the portmaster authenticates a
> user, but then the user is dropped, as if the session settings are not
> being properly returned. Sometimes it works just fine.
>
> I need some clues on where to go to identify the problem. Thanks for
> your help.

To see the settings returned by radius, enable debugging level `radpdu'
in `logging->category debug' block of your raddb/config
file, like this:

logging {
        category debug {
                channel debug;
                level radpdu,radsrv;

(the level radsrv will give some additional info).

Then inspect your debug channel. Let me know if you need more help.

Regards,
Sergey