[Help-gnu-radius] new gnu-radius install

From: Kenny Dail
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] new gnu-radius install
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:44:37 -0600

A strange thing I see.
I have two gnu-radius servers that have been running for years, upgraded
to 1.3.1 last year sometime. They are running on FreeBSD 4.11 with mysql
client 3.23.57. the DB is hosted on a separate server Mysql version
5.0.x. NAS clients connecting are livingston/lucent portmaster3s. This
setup works.

So it is time to recycle the old servers, so I build a new server to
slide into it's place. The first one was a Gentoo Linux server 2.6.18
kernel, installed gnu-radius 1.3.1 and built with mysql 4.1.21 client.
(reproduced this behavior on a FreeBSD 6.1 and mysql 5.0.26 client) Copied
the config files over exactly frow the old servers, and authentication
works. What happens is that _sometimes_ the portmaster authenticates a
user, but then the user is dropped, as if the session settings are not
being properly returned. Sometimes it works just fine.

I need some clues on where to go to identify the problem. Thanks for
your help.
--
Kenny Dail <address@hidden>