Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Migrating from one to another radius server

From: Oleg Motienko
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Migrating from one to another radius server
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:18:22 +0400

On 8/11/05, Sergey Poznyakoff <address@hidden> wrote:

> Actually, one can use any algorithm one likes, provided that the
> extensions are used. More specifically, to implement this algorithm you
> will have to write custom authentication and accounting procedures.

Is this possible if second (new) radius server running another version
(not gnu radius, unfortunately I don't know what exactly version it
is) ?

> However, I doubt if you really need to. Have you considered using
> database replication while switching from old to new database?

This is impossible because of old and new billing system use different
password encryption in database, running on different OS and also use
different software for radiusd. Unfortunately we will have to change
every password manually because we have not unencrypted one.

--
Regards,
Oleg