Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Migrating from one to another radius server

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Migrating from one to another radius server
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:37:16 +0300

Oleg Motienko <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is it possible to make such algorithm?
>                vvv
> Router request auth from oldserver and
> 1) if user is still in olddatabase, radiusd process request locally as
> if it was one radiusd.
> 2) if user is not found in olddatabase, radiusd forwards request to newserver
> 3) if user is not found on newserver (so, users is unknow in both
> databases) or password incorrect or other error - oldserver returns
> error to router.

Actually, one can use any algorithm one likes, provided that the
extensions are used. More specifically, to implement this algorithm you
will have to write custom authentication and accounting procedures.

However, I doubt if you really need to. Have you considered using
database replication while switching from old to new database?

Regards,
Sergey