Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Question: Using SQL Accounting

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Question: Using SQL Accounting
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:24:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Bob Robichaud wrote:

> I am currently Authenticating Users using system passwords.

*sigh*

> My question is can I continue to use system for authentication, but
> switch to Mysql for accounting.

raddb/sqlserver:

# Enable/Disable Mysql authentication: default no
doauth no
# Enable/Disable Mysql accounting: default no
doacct yes

> I know I should be using Mysql for both but retrieving everyones
> password to enter into the database would require a good deal of work.

I vaguely remember submitting some scripts that would do just that for a
contrib directory. They were written for FreeBSD though. You don't have to
put the clear text password in the mysql database. You can copy the
encrypted field that is in the master.password (or whatever your shadow
file is) and the system crypt function will interact with the DB just as
the system password file.

(and it scales much better too.)

Prices subject to change, your mileage may vary, warranty not included
with information dispensed, and any other disclaimer you want.

Gerald

- "Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything! I'll ask
   about Exchange Server next.