[Help-gnu-radius] Changing auth based on client

From: Charles Sprickman
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Changing auth based on client
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:40:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm currently running FreeRadius, but I am looking at GNU-Radius to see if
it can better handle my needs.

After going through the manual, I'm wondering if the following is
possible...  I need to generate a different SQL query based on which
client connects to the radius server.  As an example, I'll say we have
three main groups of clients:

-local users hitting our POPs
-remote users that get proxied to us
-any user using an outsourced news provider that proxies to us

In the existing SQL table, there are many additional fields, including
"dial_enabled", "roaming_enabled", and "news_enabled" that contain either
"Y" or "N".

So for local users, I need to have the query do a "AND dial_enabled='Y'",
for news "AND news_enabled='Y'", etc.  Looking at rewrite, it doesn't seem
there's anything there to alter SQL queries...

Perhaps I'm looking at this wrong; the last radius server I put any
serious time into was Radiator, which basically let you alter anything
based on any parameter.

Any pointers for me?

Thanks,

Charles