Re: [Help-gnu-radius] SNMP timeout, multi login

From: Greg G
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] SNMP timeout, multi login
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:55:00 -0500

Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:

Greg G <address@hidden> wrote:

so I can't tell why it would say that he's got a max of 1 login.  Any ideas?

The maximum number of allowed logins is set using Simultaneous-Use
attribute.
  I tried setting that, too.  It didn't help.

In your case, either the user was actually still logged in when the
Access-Request arrived, or radiusd did not receive stop request
for the previous session and thus it deemed it still open. To check
it, it attempted to query the NAS but it did not respond. Check your
NAS SNMP configuration. Also check if radius uses right port and
SNMP community.
This is the only user out of hundreds that's doing this. Most of the other users have Port-Limit 2, but no Simultaneous-Use, and they work fine. I even went as far as deleting the user from my radius config and rebuilding it from scratch. No joy.

-Greg G