Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Group

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Group
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 01:35:26 +0200

Hi Morten,

> I'm using GNU Radius with MySQL. I can see there is a group_query, but
> it only finds the groups - how to I get it to use the groups to it
> will reply with a Session-Timeout in the RHS?

Let's suppose you have two groups: one called OneHour, and another called
"TheRest". You have a groups table in your MySQL database that lists
each user and the groups he/she pertains to, and, finally, you have
set up a proper group_query in your sqlserver file (the default setup
will do). Now, all you have to do is add to your raddb/users the
following:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = SQL,
                  Group = OneHour
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
                  Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                  Session-Timeout = 3600

DEFAULT Auth-Type = SQL,
                  Group = TheRest
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
                  Framed-Protocol = PPP

In short, the first entry is matched only if the user being
authenticated pertains to the group "OneHour". When it is matched,
it returns Session-Timeout = 3600 (seconds) among other attributes.

The second entry matches users from "TheRest" group and does not
force any Session-Timeout.

> Happy New Year ;-D

Godt nytår :)

Regards,