Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Error

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Error
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:24:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Ramon Borges Lopes wrote:

> Radius 1.1 and operanting system debian 3.0
>>> /Sep 20 10:59:17 Auth.error: Unknown pair type 3

This error means the RAS equipment sent something to radius that was
supposed to be in the dictionary. Since you have gnu-radius 1.1 you have
the latest versions of the dictionary files. What type of equipment is
authenticating at the time that is causing this error?

I've seen where people have coded around this on other radiuses to discard
the extra entries sent from the RAS since it it not service affecting, but
from a gnu-radius standpoint I know it would be better to have new
equipment defined in its own dictionary file.

Gerald