[Help-gnu-radius] Keepalive Packets confusion

From: Lewis Watson
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Keepalive Packets confusion
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:41:24 -0500

I want to start using keepalive packets with our RAS and gnu-radius. It
looks like the command to enable it for the AS53xx series Cisco RAS is aaa
accounting update 3.  So after that command the AS53xx is sending
keepalive packets every 3 minutesand gnu-Radius is responding to each with
a query similiar to that one shown in the sqlserver file... each time with
status  = 1.

So my question is say if the user does go off line and radius misses the
stop packet. How does the keepalive packet  not coming change the user's
status to 2?  It appears to me that the user status value is stuck at 1..
How does this get changed?
Thanks,
Lewis