Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius Attrib mysql DB clarification...

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius Attrib mysql DB clarification...
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:04:43 +0300

> gnu-radius is great.

Thank you, nice to hear that :^)

> 1. How do you limit authentication for test accounts to multiple nas
> locations in an attrib mysql DB.
>
> I can make it work for 1 NAS-IP-Address, but if I put 2 in the same value
> or 2 entries in the DB it breaks both IP's. Currently I only want to limit
> this test account to our monitoring server and 127.0.0.1.

Well, there are no `logical or' operator yet, the attributes are
always joined by `logical and', that's the main difficulty. You will
have to use huntgroups for this purpose. To your raddb/huntgroups add:

TESTNAS  NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1      NULL
TESTNAS  NAS-IP-Address = your.monitoring.server        NULL

This defines a huntgroup named TESTNAS consisting of two terminal
servers.

Then change the row in your database so it looks as follows:

+-----------+----------------+-------------------+------+
| user_name | attr           | value             | op   |
+-----------+----------------+-------------------+------+
| radtest   | Huntgroup-Name | TESTNAS           | =    |
+-----------+----------------+-------------------+------+

> 2. Someone asked me if blowfish is supported in gnu-radius.

Do you mean blowfish as a method of enrypting passwords? Radius
relies on the system `crypt' function to encrypt the passwords,
so if the system supports blowfish, then Radius will be able to
handle it as well.

> Would the answer be different if the person decides to
> use a mysql DB.

No, it does not depend on the DB implementation. It only depends
on the system libcrypt library.

Regards,
Sergey