RE: [Help-gnu-radius] (no subject)

From: Harmeet Sodhi
Subject: RE: [Help-gnu-radius] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:26:16 +0530

I was having problems in using the raduse and radauth utilities....
1.RADUSE-
The raduse -l shows no output even though I have added a NAS entry is
the naslist as well as
clients file in raddb subdirectory.
2.RADAUTH-
This is not being made.Perhaps this is due to lack of guile 1.4 support
in my system.
My system supports guile 1.3.4.When i try to update with guile 1.4 it
says a newer version
is present.
If i try to erase the guile 1.3.4 package...it says cant do say because
of internal linkages

error: removing these packages would break dependencies:
        guile >= 1.3 is needed by gnumeric-0.61-9
        libguile.so.6   is needed by gnome-games-1.2.0-10

My problem is that i want to make a simple RADIUS client which can send
authentication requests
for a set of users.
For this can i use the provided RADIUS client?
As far as i have seen it is not needed.
However i need to know,where I have to make user database entry if i
want to use simple
authentication:based on username/password.
also what all i need to have in conf files to access RADIUS server using
my client.

Thanks