[Help-gnu-radius] Max 3000 system users (was: rewrite and regex?)

From: Olaf Seidel
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Max 3000 system users (was: rewrite and regex?)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:04:59 +0100

Hi Sergey,

> The number of radius children always changes rapidly, at least at the busy
> sites. A child is spawned to handle each incoming request, the
> average lifetime of each child is no more than 1 second. The number of
> mysql threads will reflect the number of radiusd children if parameter
> keepopen in sqlserver is set to no, as in this case each child will
> close its connection right before exiting.

The problem arose even if nobody tried to login. But I think, I have found
the bug. The attached Router (Max 3000) tries to login to the radius with
system users. It seems so, that this behaviour doesn't stop, if you have
setup Auth-Type = Accept. If you make entries in the user file for every max
system user with Auth-Type = Reject, the problem is solved (I will watch this
;-)). If you reject the login of the system users, they don't "try" to login
again. If they are accepted, the login procedures won't stop. -> The Max
tries to login up to 200 times a second, (and this maybe a little bit to much
for radius ;-)).

Regards
Olaf Seidel